Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Frock Star

Today I have for you guys Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Frock Star that I received to try out from Influenster in their spring beauty Vox Box. I have always wanted to try these out but was a little unwilling to spend $10 for a one time use product that only lasts up to 10 days according to the box. I never even leave polish on my fingers more than four or five days so really that doesn't really add up that nicely to me. I do love the wide selection of designs they have though. I think these would be really great for a special occasion or a vacation or something like that but not very practical for every day use. 

Frock Star is a glitter bomb of different shapes, sizes, and colors of glitters all over a silvery reflective background. At first I thought it was clear of just very sheer but looking closer it actually kinda looks like tiny mirrors on your nails with how reflective it is. I really love how easy it was to apply. You just peel off the  backing and line it up with the top of your nails and work your way down to the tips. It is definitely better to go a size up because it is so easy to remove the excess from your cuticles. They say you can stretch the strips out to fit the size of your nail but I didn't have to much luck with that and it just ended up tearing. Getting the tips just right is the hardest part for me. Some of them already look like they have tip wear but I think if I try it out again it would go better with practice. My two favorite things about these strips are that they are real polish but they do not smudge or smear and that you aren't left with messy cuticle clean up!

I definitely recommend a good base and top coat to go with this. I have heard people say that they had problems with chipping and the polish strips just peeling off fairly quickly. I used Orly Bonder for my base so they polish strips would stick on even better and topped it off with a thick layer of Seche Vite. I am going to try to leave these on as long as possible to see just how long they last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment