Saturday, September 1, 2012

Urban Outfitters Sea Dust AKA Deborah Lipmann Dupe

All summer I have been wanting Deborah Lippmann's mermaids dream but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $18 for just one bottle of nail polish. The lemming was getting seriously out of control though until I found pictures of a possible dupe to mermaid's dream! The pictures make it look close enough that I thought it was worth a chance at least and at $5 it is a lot more manageable.

Urban Outfitter's Sea Dust in person is just gorgeous and goes on really well. You really need to let it dry a few minutes between coats or you could get some dragging. I used three coats but I really think it would have been ok with two I am just crazy like that. I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite. I absolutely love this polish and in person it looks just like the swatches I have seen online of DL Mermaid's Dream. It is definitely close enough even if it isn't an exact dupe that I no longer feel I need to buy the Deborah Lippmann version so to me this is a wallet saver!





1 comment:

  1. Not a huge fan of Urban Outfitters, but $18 to $5 is a pretty significant price difference, and this polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete